About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 31 August 2017

It was a quick visit.....

Yes it was a quick visit to St Neots...just two nights which for us is just the blink of an eye.
We managed a couple of walks...a couple of pub visits....a visit to a superstore....and a walk around the town.

The day we arrived the weather was very warm and sunny.... the second day however was a day of gloomy skys and rain however that didn't hinder our enjoyment of  the short time we had there...

One of the things that we saw in the superstore car park was this VW Beetle...
Lowered VW Beetle
 Now I've seen many lowered vehicles over the years but never one quite like this.... Look at the running board...there is hardly a gap between that and the road. 
No, this wasn't an abandoned car I saw it arrive in the car park and watched as the driver parked it...I asked the driver if he minded me taking a picture and he laughed and said go ahead....
I wouldn't mind betting that it is a pig to drive with no handling at all and as for driving over speed bumps...well I shouldn't think that goes too well.......

In the towns market square these bollards attracted my attention.....so much more interesting than the normal bollards that you see.

Unusual Bollards in St Neots
 Finally here is a view of the river (The Great Ouse) from a bridge overlooking the terrace of one of the pubs we managed to visit......
Pub Terrace overlooking the Great Ouse
So yes it was a bit of a flying visit but enjoyable just the same and the C&CC site at St Neots is one that we will probably visit again so that we can do the area justice....... 

We have now re-located to the C&CC site at Theobalds Park near Waltham Cross..... The site is just about 200 yards north of the M25 so that puts us approx 15 miles from the centre of London.
We are here to meet up with friends Gideon & Angie who are site assistants on the site and also Anne can get into London and meet up with her son and granddaughter who live there.....

11 comments:

Dave said...

St Neots looks interesting, I've not been there. I want to go to Duxford and the Imperial War Museum so your campsite there may be a possibility. Its handy staying just outside outside of London we've used the site at Welwyn Garden City.

TrevorW�� said...

*Dave*
The C&CC site at Cambridge is closer to Duxford but the St Neots is much nicer being next to the river. We stayed at the Cambridge site back in June but now having stayed at both sites I wished we had gone to St Neots instead of Cambridge which although well kept and clean and tidy was a bit soulless and lacking atmosphere......

Steve A said...

Entirely appropriate that you'd see a Superbeetle in a superstore parking lot.

TrevorW�� said...

*Steve A*
Anne's eldest son tells me that "Rust is not a crime" and that "There is no life like the low life". Both those custom car statements seem to fit the rusty and lowered Superbeetle at the superstore lol.


limom said...

Great to hear from you Trevor and great to see you are still on your journey...
May the road ahead be clear of potholes!
Aloha!

Jason B-L said...

Hi Trevor - having been an owner of a couple of old VWs myself in the past, I cringe whenever I see one lowered and de-chromed. That look just does not do it for me and, as you say, a real handful to drive too with having to look out for uneven surfaces etc - a true "boneshaker"! Sorry I have not caught up with you face to face in last few months - time just seems to go by so quickly.

Jason

TrevorW�� said...

*limom*
Thanks.... I was glad to see a new post on the FlatTyre Blog.... Have missed your posts over the past year.....

*Jason Boynton-Lee*
It's not a look that I'm into either Jason...I don't really see the point.
Looking forward to meeting up again when we are back in Dorset..

David J said...

Sweet ride.... For airport runways only!
Love the river view.

TrevorW�� said...

*David J*
Ha....ha... You are right there David.
Pleased you like the river view. Thanks for the comments.

GreenComotion said...

I bet it is a lot of fun pondering about life, with a pint, sitting on that porch :)
Have a Happy Day, Trevor!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*GreenComotion*
Certainly is Chandra......

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...