About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Friday 30 June 2017

Constable Country.....

 For the last couple of weeks we have been camping in Constable Country....
The Polstead Camping and Caravanning Site to be exact....

Sign for a Great Site
 Anne and I really like this site..... 
It is a franchised site and I must say that Karen, Greg and family run a first class C&CC location...
It consists of four different camping areas and our pitch is in the centre section of the site... 
In this area each of the pitches has dividing hedges and our pitch has given us plenty of shade during the very hot weather which we have enjoyed since we have been here....

There our plenty of country walks which are accesible direct from the site and lots of Suffolk lanes for cycling..

Great Suffolk Cycling....
One very good plus for the site is that there is a pub within a ten minute walk.... It serves good food as well as good ale..... A grand place to quench your thirst after a 45 mile spin through the wonderful scenic Suffolk countryside...

A well earned pint after another enjoyable ride,,,,
 I haven't cycled in this area since my youth hostelling ride many years ago and obviously lots of things have changed since then but one thing that hasn't changed is the lovely cycle friendly Suffolk countryside....

The Suffolk country lanes are a bit of a maze but are mainly traffic free and are just made for cycle touring trips......

A short break on another ride....
Even though I don't have the most ideal bike (Felt Z1 Dura Ace) with me for the narrow and winding lanes (my touring bike would be more suitable) I have still enjoyed my rides here very much and this area has produced some of my best rides so far this year.....

2 comments:

GreenComotion said...

Looks like you had a lovely time on the cycle, Trevor.
The countryside looks very inviting.
Great scenes and a nice pint after a good ride.
Who can pass on that?

Have a Happy Week!
Peace :)

TrevorW�� said...

*GreenComotion*

The Suffolk countryside certainly is very inviting Chandra and is just made for cycling. I'm sure that you would just love it. Great scenery and a nice pint afterwards.....as you say "Who can pass on that"

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...