About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Sunday 18 October 2015

Stable Weather and 100 miles....

Yes...since we have been back at this location the stable weather has continued....
New pitch and continued good weather.
Good stable weather means more opportunities to get out on the bike and work on my fitness...

This past week I met up with Jon Joynes who rode with me on the 10in10 and Jason Boynton-Lee who I have known for a good few years and rode the ACCR with back in 2009.
(LtoR) Jon and Jason enjoying the after ride coffee and cake.
 Due to pressures of a job change Jon has not managed to get out on the bike much this year so it was decided that we would just do a short loop around some of the local Dorset countryside...
Sticking mainly to the local lanes we enjoyed an almost traffic free route......

Jason is currently the fittest of all my cycling mates due to this year really putting in the miles and the day of our ride was no different.... 
Before we did our loop Jason had already completed over thirty miles cycling over to our meet up point from Totton near Southampton....

After our ride together we all enjoyed coffee and cake in Wimborne Square....

Following our after ride indulgence Jason headed back home again aiming to complete the Magic 100 miles.....

Jason sent me a text later with an image of another chunk of cake that he had enjoyed on his return ride and confirmation that he had achieved his goal with 100.8 miles recorded on his bike computer....
Our faithful steeds.....

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...