About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Thursday 1 January 2015

A New Year....Just Three Months Until a New Adventure....

Well that's another year all done and dusted.....

I would be the first to admit that for me it was not one littered with sparkling achievements cycling or otherwise... 
My health issues caused lots of knock on effects including having to pull out of my 'big ride' for the year after only three days......

Still that was last year and now we have a new year to play with..... a new year on which we can make our own individual mark...

There are just twelve weeks left before Anne and I head off on our open ended caravan touring adventure and yes, bikes will be coming too......
During those twelve weeks we need to continue to dispose of most of our possessions as when we set off, our caravan will be our only home. We don't feel that it is worth putting items in storage and paying those charges on items that can be replaced easily enough when we do decide to stop travelling......

The longer term plan is that at some time in the future we will settle in Devon (Anne's home county) but until that day arrives we will be 'living the dream' (or nightmare) of touring the UK and Europe before we become too old to do it....

The caravan was ordered back in July last year and (hopefully)  will be delivered to the UK importer sometime over these next twelve weeks.....
The caravan will be coming from Germany..

I will continue to post details of our plans progress leading up to the moment that the caravan wheels start to turn and will then post regular updates of our travelling adventure.......

In the meantime I would like to wish you all..... A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR......
May 2015 be everything that you would wish for yourselves....

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like an amazing dream. I'm sure that you've earned it.

anniebikes said...

Oh, that's a spectacular plan! Unleash the tethers, throw up the sails - beautiful.

J_on_tour said...

Out with the Old, In with the new ! Wow, what an adventure, another feather in the cap of The Purple Traveller. A bit scary at first, but I'm sure you'll love it.

Someone asked me at work last month if I would give up work and go around the country and take photos of different places. I'd happily do that if I could sort the money out. Not sure if I could throw out my possessions in a hurry quickly ... I need to work on that first. :-) Plans to sell stuff never seem to come to fruition.

Steve A said...

I look forward to hearing of your caravan adventures.

Unknown said...

Trevor I really am looking forward to hearing of your adventures, both cycling and camping, and hope that you will make me insanely jealous with pictures of interesting people and places. Bon Voyage!!

Michael said...

Happy New Year, Trevor, to you and the Mrs. A plan that includes adventure is always worth pursuing. I look forward to following the progress.

limom said...

awesome! have a great one Trevor!

David F said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your van when it is delivered. they look very different to the ones sold in Australia. This must be a very exciting shift for you. Can't wait to read more.

TrevorW�� said...

*Dave Buckney* *annie bikes*
I've been thinking about it for a long time......

*J_on tour*
Getting rid of 'stuff' is quite easy really J....Although the more you think about it the harder it can become.

*Steve A* *Peter Roberts*
*Michael Wagner* *limom*
Thanks Guys... I'm looking forward to have a new adventure to blog about...

*David F*
As soon as it is ready I will be posting some images David...It is exciting but also a little scary lol.

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...