About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Friday 1 November 2013

Half Term Ride.....

As it has been my grandson's half term holidays this past week,  my daughter and her husband invited me to join them all on a day out at the Moors Valley Country Park and Forest on Wednesday......


My Daughter and her Family.....
 Moors valley is not too far from where they live so they often pop over there with their bikes and make a day of it.... 
The weather forecast was for a nice day with only a small chance of rain.. 
I must admit that I had doubts over the accuracy of the forecast, as the moment I got into my car to drive over to their house near Wimborne it started to rain, but this cleared up and by the time we were all ready to set off from their house it had all the promise of a really nice day.....
My Grandsons and their bikes...
Being a road obsessed cyclist I don't own a MTB, but I was able to borrow one from the stable of bikes my daughter and her husband have....
We had a good ride along the gravel track forest road and also on the single track that winds it's way through the Pine forest with technical bends and tight turns...nothing too difficult... but at a moderate grade it is great for the kids...as well as sixty six year old roadies..!!
Bikes taking a lunch break...
We enjoyed a really nice lunch at the picnic area near the car park, but it wasn't long before the boys wanted to get back on the bikes and ride some more.... soon we were on the single track again....
On the way back home we stopped off to take a look at the steam railway......
One of the Moors Valley Steam Locomotives....
 Moors valley has an authentic narrow gauge railway which is obviously very popular with the kids...it currently has 17 steam locos and 2 diesel versions...apparently most of these were actually built at the Moors Valley railway workshops......
A view of the station area...
All too soon our day out on the bikes was over....
The weather had remained fine and dry for us and I really enjoyed the MTB riding as it made a nice change from my road bikes.....
Looking back on it I would list it as another of those 'special days'.........

4 comments:

rlove2bike said...

It warms the heart when I see a family out bicycling. I think that is fantastic!! IMO, there are not enough families doing that sort of thing in the area where I live.

Steve A said...

Choo choo! Loving such stories.

There She Rides said...

How brilliant to be able to ride as a family and wonderful that your grandsons are getting so much pleasure out of cycling.

TrevorW�� said...

Thanks for your comments.... It was certainly a great day out and rather special to ride as a family....:-))

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...