About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Saturday 15 June 2013

Stage Eight

This morning started with a big climb. We had allowed ourselves 3hrs to do it and actually completed it in just over 1hr. I didn't count the switchbacks as I went up but I can tell you the views were spectacular and the cycling was absolutely brilliant. In actual fact today was the best days cycling so far.
We are now in Switzerland as can be seen in the photo of Jon at the border. We crossed over the river into Switzerland at a wooden bridge shown in the other picture.
We are currently camped alongside Lake Instances.
Tomorrow we have an easy day of 90miles and only a total ascent of 1700ft over the entire days distance.
The following day....day 10.... well that's going to be a totally different story......



3 comments:

TrevorW�� said...

That should have read as Lake Konstance not Instances.

Unknown said...

Almost done, an experience to remember. Finally effort enjo.

Unknown said...

Enjoy....

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...