About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Sunday 24 June 2012

AT ONE WITH THE BIKE.......

MUDFLAP FITTED TO TIFOSI /1

MUDFLAP FITTED TO TIFOSI / 2

MUDFLAP FITTED TO TIFOSI / 3
Following the recent post I made regarding the SKS mudflaps.....one of my regular visitors dropped in from his Bicycle Friends blog and asked if I could post a picture of the mudflap fitted to the bike. So......Not one, but three images shown here of the said fitted mudflap.


As the weatherman had predicted we have had more wet and windy weather but the start to this new week is looking quite good so I am hoping to get some decent distance rides completed.
I am even hoping to get a ride in with my son in law Scott.... It will be interesting to see how his riding has come on since our last ride together way back in January.


My recent rides have seemed a bit like a battle against wind and rain and it would be really nice to go out for a ride and reach that sublime state where you feel totally at one with the bike....spinning the pedals in an almost unconscious manner...a state where the physical- the mental- and the emotional all become as one.


This almost meditative state is one that I have connected with when I have been backpacking and also when cycling...although in nearly every case when I have been on my own. 
This does not mean that you are no longer aware of what is going on around you like a person can be when they are connected to an MP3 player by earphones...indeed you are more highly aware of everything around you.....but it is as if the physical, mental and emotional senses become more acute and blend together as one......


When cycling against strong winds and rain it's pretty hard to connect with anything other than the difficulty that you are having in the struggle to keep moving forward..........

6 comments:

Marsha said...

And the rainwater dripping from one's nose doesn't help either! Tropical Storm Debbie is washing our area with bands of rain and wind today...and for the next couple of days they predict. I feel your pain...

limom said...

Now that's a flap.
If your feet get wet you are doing it wrong.

Jim said...

Wow, those look as if they were custom made for your bike! What a close fit. They should keep the spray from flying all over your shorts and shoes, I'd say.

Steve A said...

That looks like a Continental tire...

John Romeo Alpha said...

That is a very nice flap installation, it looks very sharp and appropriate.

TrevorW�� said...

*Marsha*
Good description Marsha....The weather does seem to have gone a bit crazy this year.

*limom*
Glad you approve Jeff....

*Jim*
They are a pretty close fit aren't they Jim.....I have had the opportunity today to try them out and they do the job perfectly...

*Steve*
Certainly is Steve...a gatorskin in actual fact. I use them on the Tifosi as a winter and training tyre and they do that job pretty well.

*JRA*
Yeah...I'm pretty pleased with them.

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...