About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 21 March 2012

WHAT'S GOING ON...?

WHAT'S GOING ON?....AN EMPTY FERRY
What's going on?....I boarded the ferry for my usual trip over to the Purbecks today and apart from the cars, there was no one else on board. No pedestrians and no cyclists. 
Almost every time I ride on this ferry there is at least one other cyclist or a walker or two, but today no one. 
Then when I rode around my usual  Swanage/Corfe loop I didn't see any other cyclists either. It all seemed really odd....it was almost as if every cyclist except me had been beamed up to some spaceship or something.....
TEENAGERS CARRYING OUT SOME SORT OF SURVEY
When I arrived at the seafront at Swanage I stopped for a short break and as I sat looking at the beach I noticed that some teenagers were surveying on the beach. 
It might have been some kind of college project or something, but as I wasn't prepared to leave my bike while I walked over there to ask them what they were doing I can only guess at the reasons......
WORKMEN IN HARD HATS CARRYING OUT SOME SORT OF SURVEY
Then I looked further down the beach and noticed what looked like workmen surveying....now unlike the youngsters, these guys were wearing hard hats while they were carrying out their survey. Now why the workmen needed to wear hard hats while it was OK for the teenagers not to I have no idea....What's going on? 
I really wished that I had asked now.......

7 comments:

Worthing Wanderer said...

What a surreal day! Are you heading back this week to ask that all important question?

ian_rm27 said...

PT: sounds as though you were caught up in some kind of space/ time continuum?

Ian

limom said...

Hardhats at the beach.
Not a coconut tree in sight.
The sky is falling.

Marsha said...

Interesting! Student beach surveys here in the US are often sea rise ones on barrier islands (www.utmsi.utexas.edu/beach_debris/content/pdf/beach-survey.pdf) But that would not explain the guys with the hard hats. Let us know if you ever find out what it was...

TrevorW�� said...

*Worthing Wanderer*
If they are still working there on my next ride I intend asking them what's going on....I can't bear not knowing..

*slow rpm*
That'sjust what it felt like...almost eerie.

*limom*
We do have some pretty big seagulls in Dorset...perhaps the reason for the hardhats.

*Marsha*
I will Marsha...I wished that I had bothered to ask at the time now...

Steve A said...

Seagulls - hard hats - good one!

TrevorW�� said...

*Steve A*
I can't think of any other reason for the hard hats Steve...as Limom said "not a coconut tree in sight".

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...