About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Tuesday 12 April 2011

OUT ON THE FELT.....

FELT Z SERIES
These past few days I have been getting out on the Felt. The last time that I rode this bike was way back in June 2010 just before I started the cancer treatment- so it was a bit of a milestone as I swung my leg over the bar...clipped in and set off.
This bike cost me a fair old wedge of cash but I must say that it was worth every single penny. This is a bike that flies..!! It flies up hills. It flies down hills and it flies along the level. I love this bike and the level of pleasure it gives as you ride it is total.
Every time that I use it I can guarantee that I will get into conversation with someone who is admiring it and wants to ask questions about it...
At Sandbanks (where I catch the Sandbanks ferry) it is supposed to be one of the most expensive property locations per sq ft in the world and judging by the number of Ferrari's- Lamborghini's and other exotic cars in the area I can  believe it. But people don't look twice at them. But a nice bike such as the Felt seems to attract attention - I suppose the Racing Zero wheels with the bright red anodized spokes helps to attract.
This bike has Dura ace components throughout and is top of the range. I thought very carefully before I purchased it but I am so glad that I did. I only ride it on 'Sundays and High days' and also when I enter events like sportives. Not riding it every day just means that I savour it all the more when I do.
LOW LOADER TRUCK
 When I arrived at the ferry this morning this low loader truck was being unloaded by members of the ferry staff. It's load? Well it was delivering a new set of chains for the ferry. The ferry runs to and fro across the harbour entrance pulling itself across on chains. These chains wear out just like bike chains wear out. I must admit that for the past week the ferry has seemed to be getting very noisy. The ferry isn't quiet at the best of times but it had become almost unbearably noisy. The ferry crew told me that they intended to install the new chains overnight so next time I use the 'Bramblebush' (Studland) ferry I should have a much quieter trip across....!
CHAINS LAID OUT READY FOR FITTING OVERNIGHT
By the way..the little yellow boat in this last picture is the Brownsea Island ferry. Brownsea Island is the largest island within the Poole harbour area- but I will tell you more about that in a later post.

10 comments:

Steve A said...

Felts and ferries all in one post. And they go together well.

Anonymous said...

Having something special that you have as treat is good for the soul, whether it be a bike, a good book, or a nice meal. I like that little yellow boat and look forward to hearing about it!

Anonymous said...

It is a very good bicycle.
Nice photos!

Anonymous said...

Well, you've gotta admit, it is a nice bike. I do think, however, that it's a shame to let something that nice sit for such long periods. If you want to send it over here, I'll ride it for you every once in a while....

coastkid said...

Thats great your out on a bike you love, bet you felt a lot better for it!

Carlos Ribeiro said...

Felt Bicycles is better than the Tifosi?

Best wishes

Carlos

TrevorW�� said...

*Steve *PaddyAnne *Mr Paparazzo *coastkid

Thanks for the comments. It sure is nice to get back on this bike again.

*springfieldcyclist.com

It certainly wasn't my original intention to leave it so long. The hospital treatment really decided it for me and I have not felt that I could do the bike justice until now.

*Carlos Ribeiro
Yes- the Felt is a top of the range bike. The Tifosi is a low to mid range bike.

Dan O said...

Glad you're healthy enough to fly that nice bike once again.

Marco said...

It's a good bicycles.I've got a fulcrum 0 but black and white,fantastic wheels.

Meanqueen said...

I went on the Sandbanks Ferry last year. Parked my car and went as a foot passenger. I have recently painted my bike red, I fancied a red bike.

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...