About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Friday 29 October 2010

FINAL TWO DAYS IN DEVON.

STONE ON THE MOOR
VIEW NEAR MERRIVALE
The past two days have been spent walking across sections of Dartmoor. No need for a map or GPS as I had Anne with me and as I mentioned in a previous post she knows the moors very well.
BURRATOR RESERVOIR DAM

The weather could not be described as ideal- wet- windy and misty- but then that is typical of the weather on the moors more often than not. I have really enjoyed this trip to Devon as it is the first time that Anne and I have been able to get away together since I finished the Radiotherapy and it has been another tick in the box on my recovery checklist.
We finished our trip with an ice cream in the rain at Burrator Reservoir before driving back home late this afternoon. All in all a nice little trip.

1 comment:

Worthing Wanderer said...

Brought back happy memories of escaping from university life n Plymouth! The price of a bus ticket was all it cost to leave the city behind and venture up to this fantastic wild area...

Thanks!

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...