About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 22 September 2010

STILL ON TRACK !!

My journey back to some kind of normal life is still on track. Since my last posting on this blog I have started to regain some of my energy- indeed I have even managed to get out on my 'Tifosi' training bike for a couple of short rides managing to get down to the Studland ferry and back.

This weekend I will be going to Sixpenny Handley (by car) for a static camping weekend with other members of the Backpackers club. The last time I spent the night in a tent was when I joined JD on his charity cycle ride around Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. After eight weeks of radiotherapy I am really starting to suffer with 'outdoors person' withdrawal symptoms.
I am really looking forward to the weekend as it represents yet another milestone in my attempt to get back to normal- Well normal for me!!

I don't think I will manage to walk a great distance as I find walking more tiring than cycling but I do intend to do some work on a photographic project in and around the village and I know that I can manage the distance from the campsite to the pub.

I plan to arrive at the site about midday on Friday. I know a couple of members will be walking in to the site (I wish I could) from their homes and hopefully we will have others arriving by car the same as me.

I will make some short postings from the site during the weekend.


1 comment:

Alan Sloman said...

That's good to hear, Trevor. That radiotherapy must be a real sod to deal with.

Looking forward to hearing all about your weekend.

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...