About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 14 April 2010

MORE MILES.


On Monday I took my Revolution Touring Bike over to Bicycle World at Longham. It's mileage is such that a full checkover and service was required and it seemed a good idea to use the opportunity to have a full component upgrade including some bombproof wheels. I will tell you more about this when I have collected the bike at the end of the week. In the meantime I am happy to leave it in the capable hands of Mark the cycle mechanic.
Yesterday (with no Revolution to ride) I went out on my Felt Z1 for a quick 10 mile spin. This was the first time that I had used this bike since September last year- indeed the Z1 still only has 113 miles under its wheels since I purchased it new last July.
Today I went out on the Z1 for my weekly ride with JD. Along the Corfe to Wareham road we 'bumped' into Neil who was out on a last minute unplanned ride. JD talked Neil into tagging along with us. Neil had set out from home expecting to do about 40 miles but he ended up doing over 70 miles by coming along with us- but at least we bought him a coffee and a flapjack at the Moreton Tea Rooms to help him on his ride. We all had a great day's cycling and the weather although dull remained dry-the sun even came out in the late afternoon.
The picture above shows JD and Neil shortly after we had all met up. Note the Hi Viz top that JD is wearing-JD has no connection with the Post Office and he won't tell us how he acquired it. He has now ordered a 'proper' Hi Viz gilet because we kept telling him we wouldnt ride with him again unless he kicked it to touch....!!!

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...