About Me

My photo
Now retired but busy still living..

Wednesday 1 April 2009

Creech..........20% ouch !!


Another great spring day so there was no excuse for not going on a ride for a few hours. I started by heading down to the Sandbanks ferry. After I had crossed over to the Studland side I headed out to Corfe - I then turned north in the direction of Wareham and after about 3 miles I took a left and headed towards Creech hill from the north side. This was the first time I had attempted the hill from this side. The route starts flat but soon heads skyward with the gradient increasing until it finishes at 20%. Well worth the effort though because when you top out at the carpark/viewpoint you get some superb views (see photo). After a short break to take in the view-eat a power bar and take on board some fluids I set off towards home again by way of Swanage. Not a huge distance today - 42 miles for the total ride. My time achieved was on target for the Duncton Sportive in May that Jason Boynton-Lee talked me into doing with him.(Fool that I am!!)

No comments:

Six weeks off.

 The visit to see the Consultant went quite well really ...   My ' numbers' have started to creep up again so I am going to be given...